Welcome to Village Veterinary Hospital
Your Veterinarian in Escondido, CA
Call us at (760) 741-9999
COVID-19 Pandemic Notice
To help slow the spread of this pandemic and reduce risk to the most vulnerable people:
1. Our hours may vary. We see pets by appointment only. Please call before coming to pick up medications or food as well. The best times for item pickup are noon to 3 weekdays and noon to 2 Saturdays.
2. We are now seeing people inside but with a capacity limit which includes only one person per pet coming inside. Masks are required to come in. Please call from your car on arrival and staff will let you know when to bring your pet to the door or when we have your medication or food ready. We are back to seeing pets for routine care like vaccinations, well pet checks and elective surgeries.
3. Please don’t visit us if you are sick. Find someone to bring your pet or pick up medications or food.
4. As with you pet, we strongly encourage you to get vaccinated for your sake as well as for those around you.
5. Please try to send only one person to an appointment or to pick up medications or supplies. Thank you for wearing a mask.
6. When you come, you will see posters on social distancing, including waiting outside or in your car. Please follow those instructions and any directions from staff. Don’t be offended if we keep our distance. It’s in everyone’s interest. Again, thank you for wearing a mask.
7. Evidence is that it is extremely rare for pets to become ill from this virus and unknown for them to transmit it to people. However, as always, you should wash your hands after touching pets and avoid them licking you around the face. If a person is positive, he or she should avoid contact with pets to reduce the already small risk of people to pet transmission to near zero. See https://www.avma.org/sites/def... for more information.
Note regarding legal status of veterinarians under shelter at home order
The state of California is under a statewide shelter-at-home order, declared by Governor Newsom on March 19. The state is now operating under the critical infrastructure sectors identified by CISA, the nation’s risk advisor. Sectors that reference veterinary medicine include healthcare operations and agriculture. The CVMA received confirmation, through the AVMA’s contact with CISA, that veterinarians are included under essential services and may continue to operate under the Governor’s order. CISA is continuing to modify the language and we expect that veterinarians will be listed under both the healthcare and agriculture sectors in the days ahead.
CISA - Cyberstructure and Infrastructure Security Agency of the Department of Homeland Security
CVMA - California Veterinary Medical Association
AVMA - American Veterinary Medical Association
At Village Veterinary Hospital, we treat your pets like the valued family members they are.
Dr Alex Sherer | Christine Sherer
Escondido Veterinarian | Village Veterinary Hospital | (760) 741-9999
316 W. Mission Ave. #113
Escondido, CA 92025